VINTAGE WOOD PRANCER CAROUSEL HORSE
- Condition GOOD
- Size 55"W X 39"D X 56"H (includes base)
- Location ZONE 1
- Shipping To obtain a shipping quote, please contact Tony at the UPS Store at 216-475-7855 at least 24 hours prior to the auction closing. If you are the winning bidder, it is your responsibility to make all arrangements and you will pay UPS directly for the shipping charges.
- Lot # 1
- System ID # 19662022
- End Date
- Start Date
What a wonderful find! This carousel horse is on a custom-made iron stand, and is the "prancer" position, with back legs on the ground and front legs raised. Because it is not very ornate, we believe it to have been an inside horse. It shows wear and use, along with cracks and some peeling paint. We believe it to be authentic, and not a reproduction, because it meets the following criteria:
- The head and neck of this horse is turned toward the public and away from the inside of the carousel
- The mane of this horse is carved away from the carousel and toward the public
- The mane of this horse is carved in flowing swirls
- The romance side is more elaborately decorated than the off side
- The eye sockets are nicely carved and have a glass eye inserted
- The body is hollow
- The saddle is curved and would be comfortable to sit on
- The horse's dimensions are 55" long x 10" wide x 56" high
There are cracks in the paint and in the wood. There is a small chunk of the mane missing, and the tail is scraggly. Please review the photos below and come into our showroom to see it. The horse is attached to its base with three bolts, and it is a precarious position. That said, this beauty has a sweet face and beautiful eyes and would love to come home with you.
We have set a low reserve price on this special item.
If you would like to see this item before you bid, we encourage you to stop by our resale store:
Transitional Design 601 Towpath Rd. Broadview Hts, OH 44147
Open Mon-Fri-Sat. 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, and Tues-Wed-Thurs 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Closed Sundays.
*Shelf locations are posted with each lot. Note the location so we can quickly direct you to the item(s) that you want to see.