Brass Bookends, Letter Opener, Magnifying Glass and Pewter Cup from Germany
Two sets of brass bookends, the first looking like a music sheet stand, and the second looking like stacked books (could be a door stop or paperweight also). The letter opener and matching magnifying glass are an elegant and practical desk decoration, finished in a gold colored paint. The beautifully decorated pewter drinking cup displaying a double lion crest from Bahern, Germany with a castle design and a festival of people dancing in a circle design. The base has a German paragraph under the crest and surrounding the base are family shields of inhabitants that probably established the town. (But that is a guess, since I cannot read German).
- Pewter Cup 5.5”h x 3” diameter
- Letter Opener 7-1/8” long
- Music Stand bookends 6”w x 5.5”h
- Magnifying Glass, 5.75” long, 2.5” glass diameter
- Book weight/doorstop 5”w x 3.5”d x 4.75”h
If you would like to see this item before you bid, we encourage you to stop by our resale store:
Transitional Design 601 Towpath Rd. Broadview Hts, OH 44147
Open Mon 10-5, Tues-Wed 10-7, Thurs-Fri-Sat 10-5. Closed Sundays.
*Shelf locations are posted with each lot. Please note the location before you come in so we can quickly direct you to the item(s) that you want to see.
- Condition Good to Great
- Size Listed in description
- Location C8
- Shipping We offer local delivery at an hourly rate. Please call our office for a rate quote 440-627-6390. Long distance shipping is also available. Please contact the UPS Store 440-546-1141 at least 24 hours prior to the auction closing. If you are the winning bidder, it is your responsibility to make all arrangements and you will pay UPS directly for the shipping charges.
- Lot # 22
- System ID # 47090972
- End Date
- Start Date