Fischer & Paykel Washing Machine with book
companion lot 12
Fischer & Paykel Washing Machine with book
To learn the story of the company, go here:
Model GWL10 has 5 preset temperatures which are factory set and are non-adjustable. The introduction of model GWL10 sees changes to the way the Smart Drive wash cycle is composed.
- RECIRCULATING SMART DRIVE SYSTEM
The machine will start to fill with the temperature selected by the user. The bowl will only fill until the clothes load is 100 per cent saturated with water. The machine will stop filling and begin the re-circulating phase (for every cycle except Permanent Press, which features a traditional full bowl fill). The water in the bowl is pumped up through the re-circulating hose and back into the bowl onto the clothes, with a fan-like spray pattern. As the water recirculates, the bowl will stir, pausing every 16 seconds. Short top-ups may occur, as garments absorb water, keeping the water level constant. Recirculating this small amount of water dissolves detergent, activates enzymes plus bleach that will then penetrates dirt at fiber level, accelerating the wash process. After 3 minutes, the bowl will begin to fill with cooler water (cold controlled to 16°C/61°F) to the level selected by the user, or, if auto is selected, to the level chosen by the machine and will begin
to agitate. Because the wash cycle has already been boosted, less agitation time is needed. The default rinse setting for the regular cycle of the GWL10 consists of a series of multiple shower rinses and spins that flush water through the clothes, assisted by the specially designed nozzle. Fabric Softener cannot be dispensed during this rinse. If fabric softener is required, the Softener Rinse Option must be selected. This will convert the machine to a spray and deep rinse, which will
allow the fabric softener to be dispensed correctly.
The Smart Drive washing machine has 2 load sensing methods to ensure the right wash action is used for the type and size of wash load. ·
- LSD - Load Sensing Detection is used to continually sense the load and automatically adjust the agitation profiles to suit the wash load. It is also used to determine when a maximum capacity profile needs to be used. If additional garments are added during the cycle the washer will adjust accordingly, increasing the amount of water and changing the wash profile. If the machine is operating on high water level, regular cycle, with a very large heavy load, then the Load Sensing Detection will activate the Maximum Capacity Profile.
- MCP - Maximum Capacity Profile is present in the regular cycle, high water level only. It is clearly noticeable. The machine will stop agitating and restart with a perceivably different profile. The agitation time will also increase by 1 minute. MCP usually occurs 1-3 minutes into the wash and will, of cause, only occur if the machine is heavily loaded.
- The electronics for Series 10 Smart Drive are now air cooled instead of being water cooled as in previous models. This has been made possible by changes to the stator winding which allows a lower current through the electronics and the use of the latest low loss semiconductor-switching device.
With the Series 10 Smart Drive you can no longer turn the machine on by using the cycle buttons, you must press the Power button first. The delay start is now 1, 3 or 9 hours; previous models were 1, 6 or 9 hours. This change was introduced as a result of the last customer survey. On the Delicate and Permanent Press cycles the medium spin speed can now be selected if required, the default setting is still the slow spin. This was done to improve the customer's options, as slow
spin left the clothes too damp for some customers.
If you would like to see this item before you bid, we encourage you to stop by our resale store:
Transitional Design 601 Towpath Rd. Broadview Hts, OH 44147
Open Mon 10-5, Tues-Wed 10-7, Thurs-Fri-Sat 10-5. Closed Sundays.
*Shelf locations are posted with each lot. Please note the location before you come in so we can quickly direct you to the item(s) that you want to see.
- Condition Very Good
- Size 25.5"w/ 25.5"d (plus hose)/ 40"h
- Location Zone 2
- Shipping We offer local delivery at an hourly rate. Please call our office for a rate quote 440-627-6390. Long distance shipping is also available. Please contact the UPS Store 440-546-1141 at least 24 hours prior to the auction closing. If you are the winning bidder, it is your responsibility to make all arrangements and you will pay UPS directly for the shipping charges.
- Lot # 9
- System ID # 49672145
- End Date
- Start Date